Magic the Gathering fat pack worth

Previous Fat Pack post

It's been awhile that I posted a grouchy post about the Magic the Gathering fat pack.  I might have even mused on whether the fat pack was worth it.

The funny thing is, I kept on buying every expansion's fat pack.  My last post about the fat pack was way back Shards of Alara was released.  There has been recent "improvements" on the fat pack.

To wit:

- 9 booster packs.  It used to be 8.  So far, I'm digging it.  Any additional product that they can put in at its current price is an improvement.  Sadly, I forgot which expansion Wizards started the 9 boosters per fat pack.

- 2 card boxes.  I'm pretty sure this started in Scars of Mirrodin block to clearly distinguish between Phyrexians and Mirrans.  If I'm mistaken, correct me.  The 2 card boxes are quite important for me as containers for whatever extra cards I get that I don't place in the fat pack box (lands, tokens, other extra cards).

- 40 lands.  Quite an improvement over the previous land count.  This was a sweet improvement when Zendikar and Worldwake were released.  The extended art lands are a favorite.

I'm still sticking to getting a fat pack from every expansion.  Once started, it has to be completed.