Return to Ravnica prerelease

I attended Return to Ravnica prerelease event at Neutral Grounds Cebu at JY Mall, Lahug, Cebu City.  60 players registered for the said event.

As indicated in previous posts, I decided to play Golgari guild instead of the more favored Azorius guild.

First of, I'm highly satisfied with WotC's effort with their prerelease kits.  The sticker and the 20-sided die is an improvement over previous prereleases (or rather, before Avacyn Restored).  More freebies would attract more players and having 60 in an event like this is huge.

I first opened the guild booster pack and got a nice Jarad out of it.  I guess it all went downhill from there.  I don't think I built the optimal Golgari guild deck.  I was lacking creatures to be called a swarm and there weren't much creature kill to go around.  I guess the card pool was not cooperating (though I never tried to check what color combination I could have gone with if ever I didn't go green-black).  I did splash white because of Collective Blessing (the only white-x card in the deck).

Return to Ravnica sealed seems like a slow format.  The best way to go is to get to the bombs for the win.

I went 2-2 which isn't too bad.

Furthermore, I would say that Golgari is not really the guild for me.

I look forward to Gatecrash and this time I aim to choose the best guild.